Saturday 28 November 2015

Random Thoughts

When I was in primary school, I got bullied quite a lot. I was quiet, bookish, and did whatever I was told to by the teacher. I wasn't active in games during recess time, preferring to eat food I brought from home in a corner of the school canteen over a book. I'm not saying that I was a sane back then - have never been, and will never be one. That is not my point. However, combined with the fact that I had a rather unusual name,I was frequently targeted by my more boisterous and extroverted peers. 

Now that more than a decade has passed since primary school, I wonder how these 'former' bullies are getting on with their lives. In all honesty, it isn't that difficult to track them down with Facebook. From the information I have gathered, some have become officers in SAF and SPF, some on their way to prestigious universities and illustrious careers ahead; some doing just reasonably well or barely passable. But how about me? I'm not doing that bad either in my own opinion. I have improved my attitude and became more confident. I'm currently studying what I like in the university.

There used to be hate and a desire for revenge.However,I wasn't brought up this way. If I could use these experiences, they would certainly formulate into a vital lesson for me. The point is, that things may not always be easy at the start. With diligence, hard work and time, things will get better. I could use this as a reminder for myself each time too, when I feel down and stressed about the days ahead. 

Keep the faith. Some day later, life ahead will be better.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent reflection, Hai Qing… You've taken the more noble path.

    ReplyDelete