Tuesday 10 November 2015

Reflection: Presentation

It was such a nerve wrecking experience to be presenting in front of the class yesterday.

Prior to the presentation, my teammates and I spent a couple of hours practising for the presentation. I thought to myself that the presentation wouldn't be that bad. However, I was wrong. When I went up to present, I saw 21 pairs of eyes fixated upon me. This made me extremely nervous. I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins. 

Some of the feedbacks given by my classmates were:
1) inadequate eye contact with the audience.
2) too much movements while presenting 
3) organization of slides can be further improved because the 'pie chart' was sticking out like an eye sore 
4) good voice projection. 

In my opinion, the greatest weakness that surfaced during my presentation was that there were too much movements during the presentation.This could potentially cause some distractions to the audience. The use of a pointer will suffice in mitigating this issue. I thought that insufficient eye contact with audiences can be resolved with more practices prior to the presentation.To solve the problem on organization of slides,I guess I will check on the slides and make sure that there is a 'flow' in the contents that I'm presenting.  

  

2 comments:

  1. It is good that you can at least see your weakness and disadvantages now rather than carrying the errors forward for the future presentations in study and even work. Your summary of the reflection has shown your ability to see yourself more deeply with feedbacks from others. This indeed is the essence of having the module of effective communication. Keep such ability with you and do apply it in study, interaction and communication. You will be amazed by your improvement in the future when you look back to the past if you have really done so.

    ReplyDelete